- Looking for Accommodation ? Checkout our recommended accommodation page for an affordable and nice place for your stay in central Cebu City. Name "Drupalcamp Cebu" when booking with our partner and enjoy the discount !
USC College of Architecture & Fine Arts (USC CAFA)
USC-TC CAFA, our partner in this event, is one of the top universities in the Philippines outside Manila. USC CAFA was established in 1984 out of a need to pursue the study of design and the necessity to be free to explore it beyond science and technology. The College has developed into what it is today: a school of design; a community that shares a common passion for innovation and inquiry. http://beta.usc.edu.ph/cafa/
How to Get There
- If you are from Uptown Cebu (Ayala Area, Gorordo)
- by jeepney: 1 ride on all jeepneys with signages 13C, 13B, 62B, 62C for only P8.00. Travel time: 15-25 mins. Get inside the campus and take the USC TC bus intended for the Camp participants. If you decide to walk up to the CAFA building to enjoy the panoramic view and hilltop buildings, it will take you another 15-minutes.
- by cab: tell the cabbie to take you to USC TC. Get inside the campus and ask to be dropped off at the CAFA Bldg, estimate fare: P80-90.00. Travel time: 15-20 mins.
- If you are from Downtown or Midtown Cebu, you might have to take two rides and for easy direction, go to the PUV Terminal (right across Ayala Center) where all jeepneys load and unload passengers and get a ride on those with signages 13C, 13B, 62B, 62C. Fare: P8.00, travel time: 15-25 mins.
About Cebu City
Cebu City is the capital of Cebu Island. It is located on the central eastern part of Cebu Province, an island at the center of the Visayas in Southern Philippines. Cebu City is the second largest city in the country after Manila, Philippines. Rich in history being the first Spanish settlement in the country and the oldest city surrounded by smaller islands of sparkling white, fine beaches, many foreigners are besotted by its charms and riveting appeal. Its no surprise its the country’s favorite tourist destination because apart from its exotic appeal, its has all kinds of hotels, foods and diverse attractions - a complete destination!
Its also a strategic place to do business mostly because of its geographical, political and economic advantages. Some worth noting are its tax incentives for selected industries, skilled but cheaper labor, diverse commercial centers, presence of several major universities and world class International airport. In a recent survey conducted by Tholons Inc, a leading US-based services globalization and investment advisory firm, Cebu is ranked the world’s 9th best outsourcing destinations beating other high profile locations in Europe (source: Manila Bulletin, 30 April 2014).
In partnership with the Cebu City Government and Cebu City Tourism, we have organized a Cebu City tour open to participants of the Camp especially those who are not from Metro Cebu. Aside from Cebu’s fine beaches, shopping, entertainment, recreation, urban services and other amenities, it has also a unique heritage.
To know more about the Cebu City Tour: Pasiyo sa Kabilin ("Heritage Walk"), visit here.